Monday, January 28, 2008

Students At My School Shot Dead

Today, near the end of the school day, a student from the school I teach English at went to his girlfriend's house and shot her dead. He then turned the gun on himself. I did not know either student personally, but am a bit shocked. Working at a school, I think about gun violence every day. The thing that is going to be the most difficult for me is listening to all of the "causes" people come up with. The gossiping is going to be unbearable over the next few days. I am sure that I will be nauseas from gun-control talk by the end of tomorrow. Everyone will be looking for a reason, and the most obvious one, that society and parents and teachers failed this angry kid, is going to be most likely completely overlooked.

I've been contacted by my department head and told not to talk to the press. The story is on the news, but I cannot find anything about it online just yet.

Click Here Subscribe to The Blog of R.A.Matheson by Email

Add to Google

Click this to add this blog to your My AOL, My Yahoo, Google Homepage, or other reader!

No comments: